Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine1
Level 7

Can't get home when I push the home button on Roku remote

I have bell fibe tv and bell wireless network connected to my fibe tv the cables I got with my Roku are connected to the back of my tv but when I click the home button on the remote nothing happens. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Can't get home when I push the home button on Roku remote

What Roku model?  If it has a wifi remote (point anywhere) remote, it must be paired to the Roku device before it can control anything.  If it has an infrared (IR) direct line of sight remote it doesn't need to be paired (and can't be paired) and should work when pointed at the Roku as long as there is nothing in the way to block the remote signal.

Pairing of a wifi direct remote:

• Open the remote's battery compartment.  If batteries have been installed, remove them.
  • Remove the power cable from the Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.
  • When the Roku device displays the first screen, insert the batteries.
  • Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.
  • The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos