Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can’t find network

Jump to solution

We can’t find our network. We have searched for it and nothing comes up. We have entered it and nothing is there. We know our network is working because our phones are connected to it. How do we wind our network?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can’t find network

Jump to solution

@Knoppel 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What model device are you trying to connect to your wireless network? If you are using a Roku Express model device, you will need to ensure your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHZ wireless network. If you do not see your network when scanning, this is typically the issue. Your ISP or wireless router manufacturer can assist with enabling the 2.4GHz band for your network.  

For more information about connecting to your network, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can’t find network

Jump to solution

@Knoppel 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What model device are you trying to connect to your wireless network? If you are using a Roku Express model device, you will need to ensure your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHZ wireless network. If you do not see your network when scanning, this is typically the issue. Your ISP or wireless router manufacturer can assist with enabling the 2.4GHz band for your network.  

For more information about connecting to your network, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos