Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kpd83
Level 7

Can’t find network on Roku +

I’ve had Roku + in my living room with no issues, we bought a new Roku tv for the living room. I moved my Roku + in the bedroom to replace the ancient Roku I did have in there but for some reason it’s not bringing up my network! I have restarted everything even factory reset the Roku itself but still nothing. I plugged the ancient back up no problems. Anyone have a clue what’s going on with this. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dgrace
Level 11

Re: Can’t find network on Roku +

My guess is that your router dhcp setting is causing an IP conflict. One roku is being assigned an IP, then unplugged and moved. Another Ip is assigned but may have been given to another roku. I'd start at your router and look for an option to reserve IP for each device. The devices will be identified by their unique MAC address. Then anytime one of those MAC shows up it is given the same IP as previously. 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Do you have a decent wifi signal from your router in your bedroom? You can check with a cell phone.

My router is in one end of my house and the bedroom is at the other. Interference from neighbor's router is much worse in the bedroom end of my house. I've found that changing the channel used by my router to one with less interference can make a huge difference.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Kpd83
Level 7

Yes WiFi is fine the Roku I have in there works good. I took it across the hall to my sons room and plugged it up and the network is there and it worked but 5 feet to my room no network to connect too. I’m at a loss. 

0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 11

Try and picture a direct line from your room to the router and what a radio signal would have to pass through. A large wall mirror, a hot water tank, a tv screen, a tile wall, a furnace, etc. If you have a long enough hdmi cable, try moving the roku left and right to see if signal improves.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Rpasler
Level 7

My streaming just stopped last night. I have a netgear router and modem in one. My iPad works fine. It’s connect to 5 numbers, it used to be netgear +those numbers.  I found tv was trying to connect to someone else’s. I found the 5 numbers hit connect put in my password correct  3 times, noticed the mine was the strongest bars, but still won’t connect.   The 2 lights on modem/router that won’t light up are GHz lights?... 

0 Kudos