Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't find device on network or manually connect to rokuTV.

I just moved into an apartment college complex a month ago, and I'm having trouble connecting my roku TV to the Roku app. There are two community wifi's; a regular one which I assume is 2.4GHz, and then the other one that says 5G.. assuming it's 5GHz. I go on the Roku app, and it says no Roku device found on the network. I've gone on both the networks and same result. I tried manually connecting using the Roku's IP address, and it says no Roku device found at the IP address. I'm assuming it has to do with the apartment's community wifi, but I can see other's TV's through screen mirroring for things like Apple Tv's and Samsung TV's. How do I fix this? Do I contact my apartment about the wifi? Or do I contact the wifi provider?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Can't find device on network or manually connect to rokuTV.

Are you trying to use the Roku app on your phone in order to connect your Roku TV to the wifi network?  If so, I'm sorry, but you won't be able to.  The app can only connect to Rokus that are already connected to the same network.  The only way to establish the wifi connection for the tv is with a physical remote that works with the Roku TV.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos