Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katiethel
Level 7

Can't enter wifi network password

I am trying to connect my Roku model 4661X2 to my new wireless network.  I am not able to enter the wifi password.  The options to switch between capital and lowercase letters, special characters, space, back and forward are all greyed out.  When I do try to enter a character I can select, the character does not populate.  I have tried the network reset three times and that has not resolved the issue.  I cannot perform a factory reset because the Roku no longer recognizes my 4-digit PIN, that I have not changed since I first set up the device when I purchased it.  Please help!  Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't enter wifi network password

Find the little pinhole and press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-How-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@katiethel wrote:

I am trying to connect my Roku model 4661X2 to my new wireless network.  I am not able to enter the wifi password.  The options to switch between capital and lowercase letters, special characters, space, back and forward are all greyed out.  When I do try to enter a character I can select, the character does not populate.  I have tried the network reset three times and that has not resolved the issue.  I cannot perform a factory reset because the Roku no longer recognizes my 4-digit PIN, that I have not changed since I first set up the device when I purchased it.  Please help!  Thanks

Maybe go to settings>network>network setup. But first go to settings>network> check network connection.  If you check your network connections, maybe it would identify the problem with your network and then automatically reset it? Maybe login to your Roku account on Roku and reset your 4 digit PIN. 

0 Kudos
Luckylady12
Level 7

Where do I go to do this????

0 Kudos