Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t deactivate device without internet?

My tv was stolen, now without an internet connection, I can’t deactivate devices. Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t deactivate device without internet?

@MichelleAri 

Login to your online Roku account (https://my.roku.com/account), and under Manage Account you will see "Deactivate Account".  May be a good idea to cancel any subscriptions linked to that Roku account as well.

You can also choose to just "Unlink" the stolen RokuTV from your account so you don't lose anything else associated with your current Roku.  If the thieves do not know your Roku account password, once unlinked, they will be forced to do a factory reset and setup an account to get streaming capability again.

Not sure what you mean that you don't have internet connection.  You can use your cell phone if you have to.  I am assuming you mean that the tv is not currently connected to the internet, but a little unclear.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Joyce12

Does the Roku device net to be plugged in to deactivate it from my account.  I have one I am trying to give to a friend.  When I set it up on his TV (not a Smart TV) all my apps and data come up.  When I go to my account to deactivate that device, it does not show on my account.  Do not know what to do from here.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I just looked at my account and it shows a Roku that has been sitting disconnected in a drawer for years.

I suppose that if your friend already factory reset it, and linked it to another account, then it might automatically disappear from your account.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Joyce12 

When you go to Settings/System/About on this Roku device does it match the account (email address) that you logged into.  Are you sure all your devices were linked to same account?

If you are sure they were all linked to same Roku account then I would just perform the factory reset on the Roku device and then set if up under the friend's new account.  

All your subscriptions are managed by the Roku account, not the device.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos