Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can’t connect to internet

Roku has stopped connecting to internet. I’ve tried everything, even a factory reset! There is no customer service phone support available during the situation, so hoping someone here can help. I am now stuck on the set up stage, as it can’t find my network!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Can’t connect to internet

More likely you need to reboot your Router.

My guess is you have many othrer things logged into your wifi.

Try logging out the other things and focus on the Roku.

Reboot the Router (unplug it and count to 30).

See if the Roku sees the SSID (wifi) and log it in.

Line of sight, distance can matter. Use the 2.4ghz signal.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Bhavana 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information?

What Roku device are you using? When did this issue start occuring?

As @boogernose suggested, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

For troubleshooting steps regarding wireless connectivity issues, visit our Support pages here: 
What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?
Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Please help with Roku connection. I have tried to connect throug the settings link with no prevail. ROKU HELP IS NOT TAKING CALLS and I am still without.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have rebooted till im blue in the face. There is something else wrong.  My wifi is just fine and signal strength is excellent 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

@Tequilacpl  and everyone else.

Can you change your password to something simpler?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R @Thanks. I’ve tried all that and done a factory reset. I can see other networks on my rocku premiere, but it somehow can’t locate my network. My WiFi is working fine, so it’s an issue with the roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Bhavana 

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I am in the exact same situation with Roku Premiere. The Roku cannot find any wi-fi yet nothing has changed with my set-up. My wi-fi is easily detectable by everything else in the house. I have reset everything until I am blue in the face. My Roku is about  months old. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Same here.  Everything was working and then suddenly Roku device can't see wireless network.  No reason.  Rebooted router anyway.  Everything had been working 6 months so it's not the settings.

0 Kudos