Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't connect to Xfinity

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
GAConways

Jump to solution

I had the same problems connecting as you and others have had, i.e. the Roku keeps closing the hotel/dorm page before I could connect to Xfinity WiFi. So I took your approach a little further. I closed all apps on my iPhone so nothing would be trying to access the internet through the Roku. Then I turned off cellular data (Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data) so there would only be one network connection to my phone. Then I connected to the Roku’s temporary wifi connection (DIRECT-roku-xxx-xxxxxx) and was finally able to get the log in page to stay up long enough to connect to Xfinity WiFi.

0 Kudos
Chipdolla91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you find a way to connect yet??

this **bleep** is Erkin me

0 Kudos
Chipdolla91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not helpful

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you so very much,been trying to figure out that problem for the longest and this actually worked. Just gotta choose the hotel or college dorm instead of home then go to your network settings on your phone or any other device and follow the instructions and it’ll take you to the xfinity browser.

Chipdolla91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can you tell me step by step why i have to do?? Do I use a private network or??

0 Kudos
Jhernandez2099
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So this what i did in order for it to work and get enough time to login after i press at a hotel or dorm...  I removed all network passwords so nothing tries to connect and I set my phone on airplane mode. I then connected and was able to login with enough time. 

0 Kudos
JoeRodriguezz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Read my reply on this thread I had about 10 seconds everytime myself. 

0 Kudos
emilyf1015

Jump to solution

When I press the college or hotel it tells me to log in from a smartphone but im already logged in from my phone 

0 Kudos