Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thebayarea
Level 7

Can’t connect roku to my home wifi. Everything else connects to my wifi except my 2 rokus

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can’t connect roku to my home wifi. Everything else connects to my wifi except my 2 rokus

@Thebayarea 

Thanks for the note.

What Roku model devices are you trying to connect to your wireless network? Have you recently made any changes to your wireless network or router?

If you have a Roku Express or Premiere model, please be that these models are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cmroll
Level 7

Re: Can’t connect roku to my home wifi. Everything else connects to my wifi except my 2 rokus

I'm having the same issue. I have a Roku stick 3600 and bought a new roku tv. The TV would connect to my phone hotspot but not the wifi. The roku stick worked at my other apartment but not the new one. I have reset both Rokus and the WiFi modem. Everything else I have, computer, Xbox, phones,thermostat all connect to the wifi... But not the Rokus. The modem is about 2 feet from the modem. Distance is not the issue, the modem is not the issue, roku works with phone hotspot.... Now what? Roku phone number says they aren't answering cuz of covid.

0 Kudos
dnv5916
Level 7

Having the same issue. Roku connects to my iphone hotspot or any other wifi but not my home wifi.  I'm using my wifi to type this message so clearly that's not the issue. It was working for the last 8 months , then all of a sudden has stopped.  Please help! 

0 Kudos