Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jfw1
Level 7

Can't connect ROKU Express to my network

Recently purchased a ROKU Express unit. It recognizes my wireless network but does not allow me to activate the unit. Error code 014.12 ("can't connect to my wireless network") Please help.)

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
jeffu
Level 7

wireless password

I was emailed my old box was going to be obsolete and i needed to buy new one. they sold it to me 1/2 price and mailed it. i received a Roku Express+
I plugged it in and it said let’s get started
But it will not accept either password for a personal hot spot. I hooked up old box and it works great. why will new box not accept passwords? the device shows it connects fir a brief second but then Roku gives error message and won’t connect.
Highlighted

Set up Express+ last night. Woke up today and it won't reconnect to wireless

Got an Express+ to replace my older model Roku. 

Set it up last night before bed. Everything was great. Downloaded all of my channels, it added a few more than I originally had (not going to buy Disney+ or Sling, thanks for adding them anyway).

Woke up this morning, unable to connect, error 14.50. Yet, when I go to the set up connection page, it clearly sees the wireless signal it connected to last night, it just no longer has the ability to connect to it. Modem is less than 10 feet from device. Signal is strong.

Did everything in the link that is in every other thread. Restarted the Express+ and the modem. Reentered my password.  Nothing. Everything in my house else connects to my modem just fine.

Already in one day, this new device has given me more trouble than the device I had for 8 years, but was told there would be no more support for.

Not sure what to do other than return a defective device at this point.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RaiderWife69
Level 7

New setup Roku express no internet

New setup Roku express. Set up properly and it sees my network. Password put in properly and correct. Won’t connect to Internet. The router is about 20 feet away and is working properly. What should I try? The Roku is connecting to my phone hotspot. Did this as a test. But not to the home.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cthulhu
Level 7

Re: New setup Roku express no internet

I had to get a new roku + device because my old one is being phased out, and it doesn't work.  Same problem you're having.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cthulhu
Level 7

Re: Can't connect ROKU Express to my network . Error code 014.12

Same issue I'm having, and I posted for help a week ago.  Still ZERO response from Roku.  They told me I just HAD to have this new device because they're no longer going to support my old one, I can't get it to work and I can't get a human contact with Roku.

Not happy, Roku!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cthulhu
Level 7

Re: Set up Express+ last night. Woke up today and it won't reconnect to wireless

Have you had any luck contacting Roku?  Because my new Roku + won't even connect to my network, and I can't get a response from them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cthulhu
Level 7

Re: wireless password

This seems to be an ongoing problem with the Roku +.  Can't get mine to connect, and can't get a response from Roku, either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RaiderWife69
Level 7

Thank you. I have spent way too much time messing with this thing. Junk! It’s going back.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cthulhu
Level 7

Found a thread that might help you.  I pm'd them, we'll see what happens, I guess.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/Out-of-box-Roku-Express-doesn-t-setup-and...

0 Kudos