Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynthia625

Can't Connect to Wifi - Setup done by brother

Jump to solution

Setup done years ago by my brother under his name I think. Control died along time ago, so I accessed Roku with a phone app menu. My brother died over a year ago. My cell phone has my unit iD in the app. 

I had to reset my cell phone Monday and since then cannot connect wifi to my phone app like it was before the reset. The app was working over the weekend as a watched Netflix. Called Netflix today to cancel until I can get connected again. Actually talked to someone. I'm in my 70's, this is frustrating.

Cynthia625

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Connect to Wifi - Setup done by brother

Jump to solution

@cynthia625 

You need a remote to connect a Roku device to a network.

There are two types of Roku devices you can get: Roku Simple Remote ($15, an infrared [IR] remote) or a Voice Remote ($20 or $30, two models of this are available).

If you have a Roku stick, you cannot use the Simple Remote and must use a Voice Remote.

Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and other retailers carry them.

Heck, if you are a Walmart+ member, and they have one in stock, they'll bring it to you, even with a grocery order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@cynthia625 

You need a remote to connect a Roku device to a network.

There are two types of Roku devices you can get: Roku Simple Remote ($15, an infrared [IR] remote) or a Voice Remote ($20 or $30, two models of this are available).

If you have a Roku stick, you cannot use the Simple Remote and must use a Voice Remote.

Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and other retailers carry them.

Heck, if you are a Walmart+ member, and they have one in stock, they'll bring it to you, even with a grocery order.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Since resetting your phone have you reconnected your phone to your home wifi?   The phone must be connected to the same wifi network as the Roku for the Roku app to work.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X