Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MATTYL88
Level 7

Can't Connect To Internet

I have a Roku 2 that has worked fine for a year. I tap off a wireless connection and have never needed to be hard wired to make my Roku work flawlessly as my signal is great because I'm 20 feet from the router. Tonight it won't connect and I've tried resets, etc but cant get past trying to connect. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
knuckle
Level 7

Re: Can't Connect To Internet

Hi Matty---------------

so nothing has changed with your setup? Same pass word and everything? nothing new in the house that may be causing interference that didn't before?

Some of the main things to check are that your router channel is set and not on auto,check your network to make sure that your neighbors haven't added anything that might be causing it but first try unplugging your router--my old linksys will do that once in a while -- unplug it for a few seconds and it comes back good as new

good luck
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
MATTYL88
Level 7

Tried unplugging both the router and modem. Then tried a hard reset on the back of the Roku box. When I tried to then reconnect, it got to the stage where the 3 green dots showing connectivity were all lit. I was then given a code to register at the activation part of the Roku site. As soon as I put the code in and it said it was activated, it went offline and gave me an 014 error code saying no internet connection. Then tried to connect and got the first red dot and no connection.

Was told by customer service to go into my router and change from channel 11 to channel 1. Haven't tried yet but is this a viable option?

Need help!
0 Kudos
RickRansom
Level 7

"MATTYL88" wrote:
Was told to go into my router and change from channel 11 to channel 1. Haven't tried yet but is this a viable option?

Yes. Since you mentioned it was able to connect and got bumped off after a while, that could be due to a wireless interference as knuckle suggested.
If that still doesn't get you up and running, try to post more information about your setup and others from the board should be able to try and help you out.

BTW, you can also check these steps outlined by roku5.
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games
0 Kudos
MATTYL88
Level 7

Working!

Thanks to Dick and to Knuckle. I had to do resets on everything, but the one that finally worked was the 30 second reset on the Roku unit itself, which proved to be the final thing that worked. You guys ROCK. Thank you so much. By the way, the help line at Roku was totally useless, and I felt they had no clue to fixing my problem, so forums seem to work the best.

Thanks again!

Matt
0 Kudos

What was the magic 30 second reset that worked???? My problem is exactly the same. Roku has been working and now nada. It won't make/hold a wireless connection. I've tried everything but the 30 second reset. PLEASE provide more info.
thanks.
0 Kudos
knuckle
Level 7

Hi--------------

click the "these steps" two posts above this one
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
MATTYL88
Level 7

I just pushed the reset button on back of the roku box and did not let it up for a full 30 seconds, and that was the fix...
0 Kudos
RickRansom
Level 7

"MATTYL88" wrote:
I just pushed the reset button on back of the roku box and did not let it up for a full 30 seconds, and that was the fix...

Have you arleady checked these steps.
Other than doing the reset, have you tried anything else?
Try posting more information so others can check if there are other things that could be causing this. Simply saying "I have the exact problem" may not be the most accurate description.
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games
0 Kudos
Gipper1254
Level 7

Smiley Surprisedops: Ok, I tried the magic "30-second reset" and now I get a setup screen and my the device WILL NOT RESPOND my remote! NOTHING! I tried fresh batteries in the remote--NOTHING! I tried a "quick" reset--same effect! What now? :cry:
0 Kudos