Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Can "Wi-Fi Direct" be turned off?

No, believing that about the sun is absurd.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Electrosmog Meter does not detect any Wi Fi signals from the sun.  When they added fluoride to the water, it was not a health issue.

Highlighted
Level 7

@John_Small wrote:

I'm trying to find the right Roku model for me, but I've learned that many of the remotes have direct Wi-Fi connection to the unit! I would not use this! Scientific research on radio wave radiation is concerning at best, and I'm not going to play Russian Roulette with my health just for the sake of a TV. (I don't use cellphones, Wi-Fi, cordless, etc)

So, can Wi-Fi Direct be turned off? And if it can, does this also disable the voice search?

If it can't be turned off, I'll be forced to buy a 4210 model 2, which I believe is the only non-Wi-Fi model that offers ethernet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I bought the roku ultra and connect it through ethernet.  I also bought another roku remote on ebay, an IR remote rather than an RF remote.  Of course I lose features like voice control but that's fine with me.  Those RF remotes emit constantly.

I was worried that the Roku ultra would still emit like smart TVs do when connected with ethernet, but it doesn't.  I have an RF meter and it's all good.

Oh, I forgot to add, when setting up the roku, don't allow other devices to connect.

0 Kudos