Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klutz
Level 10

Re: Can not wifi connect after v9.4 upgrade

Jump to solution

Congratulations!  You solved your problem.

If you are new to Fire, try; troypoint.com

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3800x streaming stick lost all functionality??

Jump to solution

@dstodd 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Klutz
Level 10

Jump to solution

There is a known problem with v9.4 and connecting.  There are a couple of different solutions that have worked for a few people.  You may find a solution if you read through the earlier posts, searching for one that has a similar router.

In my case, I am waiting 2 wks now for a solution.  I have 4 - Roku Stick +, that all can see the network, but will not connect.  1 by 1 as they updated to v9.4 they failed.

0 Kudos
maupin10123
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've read through the post and have tried everything. I think its just time for the firestick. The Roku will make for good fire kindling

Mitstott
Level 9

Jump to solution

I had 3ROKU devices. One ROKU tv. I junked 2 devices, kept the tv it works with Amazon fire. 

Lots of questions not any answers.

Klutz
Level 10

Jump to solution

Day 15 - no progress.

I did receive a email reply - asking for the same info that was in the email string - i.e. - M/N, S/N, . . . 

maupin10123
Level 8

Jump to solution

FIX OUR SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maupin10123
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny do you plan to give the customers an update on the eta for a fix, for an update that your company released?

0 Kudos
maupin10123
Level 8

Jump to solution

Im thinking some sort of grand gesture is in order to wake Roku as a company up. Im thinking something big. For best interest they better fix it

0 Kudos
robaris
Level 8

Jump to solution

For Me this is now fixed.  After everything I did, including doing some trash talking about Roku I looked at my routers firmware.  It was almost 3 years old, from Dec of 2017, DD-WRT v3.0-r34311.  I looked up the latest version, on https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2.  For my Linksys WRT1900AC v2, it is v3.0-r40559.  I downloaded & graded my WRT1900AC.   It restarted to the upgraded FW, no runs, no drips & no errors.

I turned on the Roku, it booted and there was my WLAN.  Moral of the story, for me, anyways ...  Do your homework and cover all the options, including the ones where it your own fault too.  I did not check to see which previous versions of DD-WRT worked, the latest does and I'm happy.  Had I kept my router updated more, would this still have happened?  IDK, but it you have any open source router I'd suggest upgrading to the latest stable version.

Have a Great rest of the holiday weekend

View solution in original post

0 Kudos