Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klutz
Level 10

Re: Can not wifi connect after v9.4 upgrade

Jump to solution

As a side note - The Firestick 4k on the same TV still works without needing to reconnect.  It has auto connected each time I restarted the Roku and gateway.

Klutz
Level 10

Jump to solution

You could try the online chat.  I spent 2 hrs with a rep without results.  Most of it was generally restart Roku & gateway, router, modem and read the error code. I caused more trouble for myself than good.  Before you start a chat get your brands, M/N, S/N, software versions, updates (version & date) of all of your devices in the internet connection - Roku, router, modem et al.  You will also want to check you MAC filter/mask settings, internet speed test.

After 2 days, I am waiting to hear back from Roku via email.  

0 Kudos
wb2dyb
Level 9

Re: Update to v9.4 disabled Rokus ability to connect to a second router.

Jump to solution

Amazing. I have the exact same problem. It started 11/13

0 Kudos
LPinTX
Level 8

Re: Update to v9.4 disabled Rokus ability to connect to a second router.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion. I did change the channel size between 20/40 Mhz with no change to SSID visibility on the Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
mndc
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exactly the same problem here as of last night. Roku was working just fine up until then. Suddenly could not find my network. Tried resets of both router and roku, scanned for networks, still nothing. I just received an email today from Roku about a recent new software upgrade. I too suspect that is the culprit and have no idea what to do about it. So frustrating!

Adifferent1
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do I get help with this problem of not being able to connect to WiFi. It won’t even show my WiGi as a selection choice but Roku does work on my phone. Why don’t you have anyplace to call for help?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If your Roku recently updated to 9.4 you can try to go back to 9.3.  It's not always available and it's only temporary. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ClayClai
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. 

My Roku Express device has been installed and running for over2 years. Today it lost connection and refuses to see my wifi. It sees other nearby wifis but not mine. My other wifi devices (phone, laptop, tablet) see my wifi (2.5G) just fine. I have rebooted and then power cycled my router with no joy. Nothing here speaks to my problem. My router is a Linksys WRT1200AC running OpenWRT 18.06 and my ISP is Spectrum. I had been connecting to the 2.5G Marvell 88W8864 802.11bgn radio using mixed WPA/WPA2 PSK (CCMP) encryption. I have been in IT since 1970 and a Linux Systems Administrator since 1998 so I'm not exactly wet behind the ears on this stuff. I suspect a recent firmware update from Roku as nothing else on my network has changed or is failing. I see more than 34 complaints with my profile starting in June 2020, with no solution from Roku.

My Software Version is 9.4.0 build 4190-51. I see ver. 9.4 was rolled out 9/29/2020. My problem started 11/13/2020. I don't know how to tell went this firmware was upgraded on my unit, but now I feel certain that Roku just bricked my Roku Express.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can see when it updated from Settings->System->System update.  If it just updated, see my post above yours for how to possibly rollback to 9.3.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
madscientist057
Level 7

Jump to solution

The roku devices that have been upgraded don't see any 2.4 GHz networks, but can see 5GHz networks, just create a 5GHz AP on your router, they don't have the same distance or strength as 2.4 GHz (not cellular) as well as I hate that without wifi you don't have a keyboard to type a could be very long password into the wifi settings without everyone in the room seeing or outside looking into a window at night seeing even if you use the useless hide function...

Plus when the happens it gives the feeling that the all too common hackable IoT device has been hacked...

0 Kudos