Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sierraaa
Level 7

Can not connect to wifi

i got my roku on the 4th of april this year. and last night it just randomly disconnected from my wifi. and now it won’t connect. i’ve tried everything 

11 Replies
Corkster77
Level 7

Re: Can not connect to wifi

I just purchased  Roku Streaming Stick + (3- actually-- one for each television ) today. I have been trying for nearly two and a half hours to connect my Roku to my wireless network. I have restarted the RoOKU, reset my modem... it is very fast internet and my iPhone and laptop both show an excellent signal. My cable ran on a modem quite effectively... so, not sure why this is so problematical. Should I send this back and be looking for a different product altogether. This is really disappointing as are the other problems I am reading about here. I was told this was the way to go, but it seems I will be spending many frustrating hours trying to get this to work... definitely wasn't worth waiting 6 weeks for this to arrive.

willie42
Level 8

I purchased one last November and last night it lost connection.  No  matter what I had done connection could not be restored.  Everything else on the network was connecting just fine.  Tried resetting the modem as well as the device.  

DaBee
Level 7

I just picked up my Roku Express today From the Post Office and it will not connect to my wireless network.  All my other devices are working perfectly fine with the password I use. This is very frustrating since my “ancient” Roku Box works brilliantly.  Perhaps I should not have been swayed to buy a new, improved Roku?!

0 Kudos
willie42
Level 8

my dads Streaming Stick still works along with my girl friends Roku 1.  I do now know what to do with the broken unit that is only 5 months old.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
willie42
Level 8

I do not know what to do with the Broken one.

0 Kudos
magrieve
Level 7

OK- I see lots of instances of my problem listed here- connection to wifi works occasionally , but when I lose the connection, I can't get it back.  I wait a few days and suddenly it connects.  We have tried all the fixes mentioned in support.  Is there an answer other than replacing the router?  Something is obviously wrong with the setup in the device.  Our Apple TV device works flawlessly.  I would not recommend the purchase of any Roku product to anyone.

0 Kudos
willie42
Level 8

Well it can be thrown away but I am considering calling Roku to see what they say.

Kathy1225
Level 7

Same thing with me. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
kjohann
Level 7

I have had my Roku Model 3920X for about 6 weeks. 3 days ago it lost WIFi and I cannot get it back.

With a different device I see 5 networks. My wifi, 2 neighbors  and 2 printers but the ROKU sees nothing. How do I get a replacement?

0 Kudos