Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bradley1152
Level 7

Can not connect to WiFi in Navy barracks

When I try to connect to the subscription based WiFi network in my barracks room my roku tv prompts me to use the hotel/dorm room network or home network.  When I select the hotel/dorm room network I receive another prompt to login to the “DIRECT-roku-xxx-xxxxxx” and enter the password given.

I follow those steps on my iPhone XS and after entering the password in it network setting screen, a pop up screen appears and never loads anything.  Eventually after a few minutes I get this message, “hotspot login could not open the page because the server stopped responding”

I’ve tried to use my laptop and tablet with the above mentioned prompts but that’s a non-starter because there is no active internet connection on those devices.

I’m really feeling like I just wasted money here and could use some help. Thanks y’all!

attached is the screenshot of the server error message

542A34B5-F549-4F64-9CB2-19E6AD8BEB2E.png

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can not connect to WiFi in Navy barracks

@Bradley1152 

Thanks for the post.

Is your Roku TV already activated and setup? Please be aware that the Hotel & Dorm feature on Roku devices will only work once the device has been activated. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
El_Golfo
Level 7

I have the same problem.  My Roku was already setup and linked with my account (activated).  I tried reseting the device and got it all connected again with my account.  Unfortunately, I get the same error message.

0 Kudos
El_Golfo
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue.  I'm thinking the Navy has certain types of devices blocked in order limit bandwidth usage.

0 Kudos