Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Can I reboot my Roku stick without unplugging it from the TV?

I just hired someone to install my television on the wall and now I am unable to get to my Roku stick if I need to reboot it. Will my Roku reboot if I disconnect the power source from the wall alone or do I need to disconnect the stick from the television as well? Historically, I need to unplug the stick from my television and plug it back in every couple of months. Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 21

Re: Can I reboot my Roku stick without unplugging it from the TV?

It should, but you might have to leave it unplugged for a minute or so to be sure the power has drained off sufficiently.  If it's responding to the remote then you can just do a "System restart" from the Settings menu.  I don't recall exactly where it is, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Level 19

@renojim wrote:

It should, but you might have to leave it unplugged for a minute or so to be sure the power has drained off sufficiently.  If it's responding to the remote then you can just do a "System restart" from the Settings menu.  I don't recall exactly where it is, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Settings > System > System restart

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Level 7

Thank you!

0 Kudos