Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dianne3
Level 7

Can I reboot my Roku stick without unplugging it from the TV?

I just hired someone to install my television on the wall and now I am unable to get to my Roku stick if I need to reboot it. Will my Roku reboot if I disconnect the power source from the wall alone or do I need to disconnect the stick from the television as well? Historically, I need to unplug the stick from my television and plug it back in every couple of months. Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I reboot my Roku stick without unplugging it from the TV?

It should, but you might have to leave it unplugged for a minute or so to be sure the power has drained off sufficiently.  If it's responding to the remote then you can just do a "System restart" from the Settings menu.  I don't recall exactly where it is, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@renojim wrote:

It should, but you might have to leave it unplugged for a minute or so to be sure the power has drained off sufficiently.  If it's responding to the remote then you can just do a "System restart" from the Settings menu.  I don't recall exactly where it is, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Settings > System > System restart

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.
Dianne3
Level 7

Thank you!

0 Kudos