Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craftymaw
Level 7

Buffering

I have an Insigna Smart TV and was trying out Sling on my Roku of episodes of a HGTV tv show and it keeps buffering. The modem is right beside this tv. We had just gotten the modem changed last yr from AT&T. Well I tried to watch the same thing on our livingroom tv and it works fine, no buffering and it isn’t slow, the modem is in another room and we have a Roku stick in this TV. My husband just checked the Smart TV for an internet connection so he could hook up a wire and he found none. I think my husband had said we have 18 ? with the internet. He said this should not be buffering. In saying all of this, is there anything else we can do(beside watching it on the livingroom TV)? Do I need to call someone? TIA

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Buffering

Try moving the modem/router a little distance away, then rebooting your entire network.

Interference can cause issues like this.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos