Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
splasher
Channel Surfer

Buffering when streaming Cold Squad

I've been trying to watch Cold Squad and there is an excessive amount of buffering.  I can stream other shows like Covert Affairs and the only time it buffers is at the very start which makes sense since it has not had a chance to download anything yet.  Other Rokus in the house show the same pattern of buffering.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Could it be that Cold Squad is on a source that is having issues or overloaded?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Buffering when streaming Cold Squad

Hi @splasher

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you tell us on what channel you're accessing Cold Squad? 

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.
For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
splasher
Channel Surfer

Both Cold Squad and Covert Affairs are accessed through the Roku channel and I am only having the problem with Cold Squad.

Covert Affairs was just an example of a program series that streams without buffering, I rarely experience buffering with any of the other Ruko streams, just Cold Squad.

In fact, I rarely watch anything other than the Roku program offerings.

0 Kudos
splasher
Channel Surfer

@RokuKariza-D 

I've tried what you suggested of removing the channel, Roku, and re-added it.  It made no difference to the buffering.  I tried watching Cold Squad with a second Roku unit and a Roku TV, they both buffer just like the original unit that I started this thread referring to.

It isn't a matter of poor network quality, every time I have the Roku check it, it reports that it is good.  Speedtest reports that my download speed is over 190 Mbps, so that should not be a problem.

Are you sure that it could not be a problem at the source?

I'll say it again, Cold Squad is the ONLY program I am experiencing buffering to this level.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@splasher

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos