Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
versinox
Level 7

Buffering/Connection Problems

I have a Roku Premiere. Lately I've been experiencing terrible connection/buffering issues on multiple apps. So far I have:

1. Checked the Roku for updates
  2. Refreshed my network connection
  3. Restarted the Roku
  4. Done a speed test on my internet (I get 30down/30up on the 2.4GHz connection. It's better on the 5GHz but Premiere doesn't accept that type of connection.)
  5. Tried running the same apps through another device, worked fine.

At this point I'm fairly certain the problem is coming from the Roku itself. Is there anything else I should try? I've tried to contact support and they are not accepting any messages.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Buffering/Connection Problems

Which Channel/apps are you having problems with?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
versinox
Level 7

So far I've had the same issues with Sling, Netflix, Amazon Prime, CBS All Access and Acorn TV.

0 Kudos
Mikesgirl1369
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue. My Xbox is playing my apps just fine but the Roku keeps freezing and buffering. Saying no connection etc. 

0 Kudos
lv47
Level 7

Live TV

Have tried all articles suggestions to remedy.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@versinox 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel to see if that helps? We would also recommend rebooting your wireless network and device.

Check out some other wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bosshogg
Level 7

can you add a booster to Roku not the wifi because i ordered a booster but i'm putting the boost to my wifi

0 Kudos