Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Bizarre connection issue

Jump to solution

Disney+, Netflix, and Pandora are all unable to play any video on my Roku TV.  Netflix and Disney+ let me enter the program and select a title, but display an error when I hit play.  Pandora says I'm not connected to the internet at all.  Meanwhile, youtube works perfectly, and my computer (hooked up to the same wireless network) has zero issues.

I've done system restarts, turned the TV off the on again, reset the wireless connection (and it says "connected" with "excellent" signal strength.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Bizarre connection issue

Jump to solution

Did a full factory reset, and that seems to have fixed things.  It would have been nice to have had support to either avoid the hassle of having to put everything back to the way we had it, or at least know what the issue is and how to avoid it in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did a full factory reset, and that seems to have fixed things.  It would have been nice to have had support to either avoid the hassle of having to put everything back to the way we had it, or at least know what the issue is and how to avoid it in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The factory reset does not worked. I have tried it numerous times myself. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem just bought a Roku TV (TCL)... initial setup worked just fine 2hrs later it stopped working... even tried a soft reset and reboot... says connected but still gives me connection error codes... did a factory reset and now it won’t get past the LOKING FOR UPDATES screen 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue! Factory reset didn’t work for me. It’ll let me open some apps like Netflix and pick a show or movie but can’t stream. Other apps simply say no connection! Then others like YouTube and Hulu work just fine. I’ve been going crazy trying to figure out what’s going on 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yea,having the same issues. When I select "proceed anyway" Most apps work after a second or two. Phone,computer,router,and internet fine(100mps) Have streaming plus stick and ultra4k. Both tanked at the same time about 3 weeks ago. Update to system? Think someone wants us to buy new xmas toys!!! 

0 Kudos