Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Array
Level 7

Apple AirPlay on Roku TV via Ethernet Connection

Jump to solution

My Apple iPhone is on my home wireless network. My Roku TVs are all wired (via Ethernet to same network) for best possible connection. My iPhone does not recognize any Roku Tv's for mirroring. All hardware is running latest OS update. Must the Roku TVs be on Wireless network vs. Ethernet to work with Airplay?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shantih
Level 8

Re: Apple AirPlay on Roku TV via Ethernet Connection

Jump to solution

Are your TVs wired into your modem (where your internet connection enters your home) or your router (which provides your wifi network)?

You can have a combination of wired and wifi connections to the same network as long as everything is plugged into the router. If your wired connections are going into your modem then they won't be sharing the same network as your wifi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Shantih
Level 8

Jump to solution

Are your TVs wired into your modem (where your internet connection enters your home) or your router (which provides your wifi network)?

You can have a combination of wired and wifi connections to the same network as long as everything is plugged into the router. If your wired connections are going into your modem then they won't be sharing the same network as your wifi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Array
Level 7

Jump to solution

Perfect! Thank you, had to go buy a switch and reworked a few things and all good.

0 Kudos
Saywhaat
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello. You pretty much described my problem. I’ve a few questions. 

what exactly did you do here? 

if it’s a wired connection how exactly does Roku TV know that it's an Airplay compatible device? How does it communicate with each other? For instance, my smart WiFi bulb needs to be on the same network as my iPhone. If my iPhone is on a 5GHz network it wouldn't work. What's happening here? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos