Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Apartment Complex Wifi not Updating or Connecting to Roku Services

Apartment Wireless Wifi not connecting to Roku Services or won't update when I try setting up wireless connection. When I check network settings all is good .. signal strong and status connected. But then it states unable to connect...error code 001.. My cell phone connects to apartment Wireless Wifi...however it does reroute me to a webpage where I have to click a button to connect me to the Wireless Wifi. I wonder if this is the ISSUE as to why my Roku TV won't connect up when setting up Wireless Connection. Any help is appreciated....I've tried shutting off tV and Router for awhile then turning back on. My router is directly below my TV so that is not the issue. Any help would be appreciated. .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Apartment Complex Wifi not Updating or Connecting to Roku Services

Does it ask you if you're at home or at a hotel/dorm when you try to connect?  If so, choose the hotel/dorm option.  If it doesn't ask you, try enabling "Device connect" from Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Device connect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Apartment Complex Wifi not Updating or Connecting to Roku Services

Thanks for the info ...the hotel room / dorm room method Worked.  Thanks again. Travis 

0 Kudos