Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Anyone else had issues with their Roku connecting to local wifi but not the internet?

The wireless connection works, but not the internet connection. I've already tried:

1. factory resetting the roku tv/router

2. changing the dns settings on the router to google's public server

3. renaming the wifi network and changing the password

Any other ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Anyone else had issues with their Roku connecting to local wifi but not the internet?

You could check your router's wireless settings for MAC filtering. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Anyone else had issues with their Roku connecting to local wifi but not the internet?

My problem started 7/3/20. Will connect to wifi, but will not connect to internet. Already rebooted modem, factory reset. Now what has me really concerned is, went through the whole thing about updating the firmware using a USB. Went to tvupdate.roku.com and downloaded the correct update file on a usb drive. When I went to install the update I get an error message, "contents of the file are invalid". I've tried reformatting the USB drive twice, and repeated. No dice. This same issue happened about 6 months ago and I was able to successfully fix it; factory reset, updated firmware with correct update file using a USB. What is the deal here Roku? TV is an Insignia NS-39DR510NA17. The TV is 3 years old.

Highlighted
Level 9

My problem sounds exactly the same as yours.  I have internet service, can connect to wifi via computer, cel phones and smart thermostat, but just not the ROKU!  Have re-set several times, still coming up with "no internet connection".  Very annoyed that we cant get any help here from customer service either!  I have the Roku Express, only a little over a year old, had an older Roku for 5 years without this type of issue.  I'd just go buy a new one, but no assurance that that would even fix this issue, so hoping for help here somehow!  I also noticed we automatically got "upgraded" via MS Windows 10 to their latest "browser" Edge, and I've been having issues on my computer since that as well, wonder if its connected???!

Highlighted
Level 8

my issue is with an Insignia TV that runs Roku app. Its not a Roku stick. So I'm really not interested in running out and spending another $250 on a TV that is less than 3 years old. There has to be some kind of Roku tech support fix here. The file that Roku is putting out on the "tvupdate.roku.com" site is simply not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

mine has been doing the same thing ever since the last update,  due to zero customer  service cannot watch it on the tv, no issues no changes other than the upgrade, ordered a new one and ever have to do that due to a update that breaks them I am done with roku. this is unacceptable they do a softerware upgrade that breaks it and we have to pay to replace it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

yes. I have the same problem. Has anyone resolved this? I just switched to Verizon internet. all worked fine w xfininity. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem....anyone resolve this yet??? just switched to verizon from xfinity.

0 Kudos