Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mommyatheart
Level 7

Re: All of a sudden Roku will not connect to wireless network

Hey Danny. I was on a chat with some roku Tech and he was trying to get me to give him my debit card info for a 1 time charge to fix my roku. seriously?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mommyatheart, I sincerely doubt you were on a chat with "some Roku tech".  Where did you find this tech?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mommyatheart
Level 7

It says complete the roku wireless setup process by connecting the roku to your wi-fi router with the help of....      Before I disconnected, I noticed there was a box where I could put in my email address and get a copy of the chat emailed to me. I have it.   My unplugged my router, reset my roku and after about 30 minutes, it started working and connected to my router.   Thought I was going to have to go get a new roku.

Did all that on my phone.. so it was kind of difficult to see anything.. but just went to it on my computer. It definitely is not ROKU.  Ugh. So glad I disconnected when things started smelling funny.

0 Kudos