Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBBrytowski
Level 8

Re: All of a sudden Roku will not connect to wireless network

That is the same fix that fixed my problem.  I used my ipad to airplay something to the TV off of YouTube and it allowed the TV to update and I have not had a problem since.  

0 Kudos
MBBrytowski
Level 8

I have another reply, sorry if you didn't see it.  Let me make sure you know, I AM NOT a computer guru at all!  But after over a year of not being able to connect, I used my ipad to airplay something to the TV and for some reason that fixed the issue.   I have not been able to contact Roku at any point in time, so that doesn't solve your problem with getting in touch with the company but maybe it will give you access to your Roku.  Good luck.  Sorry I couldn't help  more.  

0 Kudos
rvh3160
Level 7

how to change wireless address

0 Kudos
Wibuth
Level 7

Re: Roku will not connect to wireless

My roku is doing the same thing. Worked fine for months then it just quit. I moved it to a closer tv and it works. It is like the wifi receiver is giving up. The point of the device is to have tv away from the router. I have reset everything, hooked up an alternate device on the same location that picks up 3 networks. Please advise. 

Frustrated customer 

0 Kudos
Tess840
Level 8

THIS IS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

I feel your pain.

Same thing happened to me. Every day, multiple times per day, the roku would just disconnect from internet and have no connection. I would restart my roku multiple times per day and it would loose connection multiple times per day. Even though wifi signal strength was good.

My only solution was to reset network connection.

Go to settings and find advanced settings and then go to reset network connection. 

Make sure you have your wifi password handy because once you reset network connection, the roku will restart and once it's back on you will have to set up wireless network all over again like you did when you first set up roku.

So you will need to enter your WiFi password. 

This helped me. It's been 2 days now and so far so good. No issues. No having to restart roku or having to try and reconnect to network.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!

#roku #rokuconnection #connection 

0 Kudos
PatriotGrandma
Level 7

Please do moderate this. Working on my laptop causes me pain due to injuries in both arms. Why would the Roku all of a sudden say my USB port on my TV will not power my Roku Express? I changed nothing since it was installed when I bought it. Same connections, Same TV., Same HDMI power cords, etc.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

All I can say is that you're not alone.  I've seen this complaint on this forum numerous times.  Use the supplied power adapter, although I've seen plenty of complaints about the warning even when using it.

Good luck!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tess840
Level 8

0 Kudos
Alyssa611
Level 7

Hey Danny. My roku won’t connect to my network anymore as it has been connected for the last year. Please help totally at my wits ends. I tried restarting it a thousand times. Nothing seems to work 

0 Kudos
christine1214
Level 7

My Roku TV is less than 2 weeks old and all of a sudden will not connect to wireless or the internet. My 3 Roku sticks around the house can find them OK. Whats up with this TV?

0 Kudos