Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandeereiter
Level 7

All of a sudden Roku will not connect to wireless network

Somebody please reach out to me. It seems that other people are having the same issue yet no resolution to this problem!!!
52 Replies
Sandeereiter
Level 7

Re: All of a sudden Roku will not connect to wireless network

Definitely restart the Roku, your modem, and your router (if not built in to the modem) at the same time. This worked for my issue. I tried just restarting one at a time but it didn’t work until I did all 3 at the same time.
0 Kudos
MBBrytowski
Level 8

I am also having this same issue.  My connection actually went out months ago.  I have done everything, had cable out who says its the TV.   Tried to update the insignia TV that has built in Roku but it needs to connect to the internet to update.  Everything else connects to the internet just fine.   Tried the dual channel, didn't help, got a new router, booster for the internet through DISH and they couldn't get it to work either.   System shows the wireless when I search and wireless connects and shows full strength and will show wireless connection, but won't set up the internet connection.  Occasionally, I will get two green checkmarks but TV still won't connect to the internet.  I am starting to think it is the TV and will be a little peeved if this is the case.  TV is less than 3 years old.  I am so extremely frustrated.

SrsJoe
Level 7

Roku Express stick can't find any Internet signals

So, my Roku has all of a sudden stopped picking up any sort of Internet signals which I'm assuming is down to a fault in the device, trying to contact customer support for a new unit but I can't seem to find a way of contacting them. Any help? 

AE
Level 8

Roku will not connect to wireless

My Roku express+, which I've had less than 2 years, will not connect to the wireless.  It was working fine until 2 weeks ago. Afterward, the connection was spotty at best.  Now it just won't connect at all or even recognize the network.  I've tried all the recommendations including a reset.  Is it fried?

Krystalshores
Level 7

Mine just stopped connecting to my phones hotspot. I’ve been with Verizon for two days because I thought it was the network. Now I’ve reset, reset network setting, and rest my whole phone. Still not working. I reset the Roku device and still won’t connect. 

Airy23238
Level 8

This is happening to me right now & it’s infuriating! It started 3 hours ago & I have tried everything! Repeatedly. Literal definition of insanity at this point. I have Roku Express, is the item just fried?! I didn’t even think of that being a possibility until someone mentioning in this thread. I’m at my wits end....

MBBrytowski
Level 8

No, sorry never got it figured out.  I expect it is the Tv and will just look at not buying Best Buy Insignia TVs in the future or Roku installed TV. Right now I am able to connect using my computer and having was I am viewing on my computer show on the TV screen.  

Sdparker5
Level 7

Ours just started yesterday as well. We’ve had it less than a month. It won’t connect to the internet at all. It gives the code 014.40 which means incorrect password, but I’ve reentered the password & it didn’t fix it. Restarted router & Roku as well.. nothing works. I’m very frustrated. Waste of $40! 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Sdparker5 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos