Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku will not connect to wireless

@AE @Airy23238 @SrsJoe 

Thats for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above questions, along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SrsJoe
Level 7

Hi Danny, 

I've gone through the troubleshooting that is suggested but I believe it's an issue with the device itself. I've tried finding a signal from 2 different routers on both 2.4 and 5Ghz and the device just doesn't pick up any signals from anywhere. I live in quite a congested area so usually a device will find atleast 8 different Internet signals.

This issue started about 6 weeks ago but after searching this was the only place I could find to contact anyone about a Roku.  Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

I have sent you a private message and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
WI_Canuck
Level 8

This morning my Roku Express would not connect, but sees my home network.  Noticed my phone wireless was out, so reconnected that using the same password, so it's not the pwd.  I have another TV with a Roku Ultra, and no problems with that.

I replaced the Express with an Express+ spare (from the TV with the Ultra).  Same problem, won't connect.  So explain why these won't work but phones, laptops, and Roku Ultra don't have a problem. Seems like defective equipment to me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@WI_Canuck 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku Express and Express+ models are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Is your networking currently a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz spectrum?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wdgreen
Level 7

I've been having this same issue.  I have 2 Roku's in the house that have been working fine but neither of them can find my wireless network but see all the others in my neighborhood.  Wonder if Roku did a system update recently that had a coding error in it?

0 Kudos
M0S20
Level 7

Re: Roku Express stick can't find any Internet signals

Roku apparently has NO customer service, which is utterly frustrating. That in itself assures an inferior product. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@M0S20 

Please let us know what the issue is that you are experiencing so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BonnieBelle1
Level 8

Still not connecting and tried literally everything. This is in regards to a plug in device and a roku tv. The tv was only purchased less than 6 months ago so im past irritated

0 Kudos
NancyS
Level 8

ROKU doesn't have any support. Its a garbage company