Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: All five Roku units will suddenly not connect to internet. Yet others will

Jump to solution

I'm still not connected (3 wireless/1 wired). Another strange thing, if I do the reset cache - homex5 Up rewindx2 forwardx2. The Roku reboots and it updates all the apps - the Roku connects and works perfectly for a few minutes then goes back to unconnected. I think I'm going to call Spectrum and see if I can get a new modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Please let us know if a new modem fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, we finally have success.  We have 4 TCL/ROKU tvs and 2 Phillips tvs with ROKU sticks.  The newest tv had been working fine for over a year and the remaining ones had worked for several years.  They all started having problems around the beginning of October.  All of the devices could always detect the networks and the Google one always had a strong signal but they couldn't connect.  I had several conversations with TCL/ROKU and Spectrum.  TCL/ROKU spent a lot of time but she wasn't able to help us.  Spectrum said it wasn't their problem because computers and other devices were working.  We have two routers, Netgear and Google.  After reviewing the lights on the router with Netgear I was told that he knew what was wrong because an indicator was orange instead of green but I needed to buy a minimum of a 6 moth service agreement for $90 for him to help.  Google was very helpful but nothing they did helped.  One tv also was connected to a cable box and that always worked and eventually the ROKU functions worked even though we always received a notice that it was not connected.  We installed one of the sticks in another tv and that would work with the stick and eventually it would without the stick but often said it couldn't connect even though it worked.  We plugged that stick into another tv and the tv never worked by itself but the stick did even though it always said it didn't work.

Because of comments in this thread, today we exchanged our modem with Spectrum at no cost and they didn't even ask why.  After a few minor startup issues that required restarting devices, everything now works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here. It seems that some older Spectrum modems were giving off a no internet signal even though the internet was working. Once the Spectrum tech noticed that, we exchanged the modem and Roku connectivity was restored. If it makes any difference, our modem was considered a Time Warner legacy modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My TCL 635 just updated to 9.4 yesterday early morning (11/6/20). Was able to connect and stream like normal in the morning (didn’t even notice the update). Then, I try again around 5:00pm and all of a sudden it won’t connect to my home network i.e. fails the “wireless connection” test (NOT the “internet” test as it never makes it that far). Connects fine to MiFi hotspot and iPhone hotspot(s). Tried router reset, system reset, wireless connections reset, and even FACTORY reset, with no luck. All my other home devices connect fine to the home network. Ever seen this before? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree! So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I followed the instructions posted by @makaiguy ...went under settings on my Roku tv and did the system restart option...I thought just turning the TV off and on again would work after restarting my router...but...the Roku system restart was the only thing that worked!

Thank you @makaiguy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

There is a problem with update 9.4. Our TCL TV stopped connecting to our WI-FI after the update. ROKU needs to let all of us know when we can expect a bug-free update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Someone has to say it - Roku doesn't believe in bug-free updates.  :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm getting something similar.  Only had 1 Roku (Premiere, a couple years old), and the TV that we were using it on broke.  Got a new TV and after a few weeks connected the Roku to it, and it would connect to our WiFi but no internet access.  Everything else on the network is okay.  Tried things suggested found on the web, but nothing worked.  Thought something in the Roku burned out so got a new Premiere.  It connected to the wifi and internet right away.  Then it said to upgrade the software for it, which I did, and then it too it won't connect to the internet.  Tried connecting both Rokus to my phone as a hotspot and they connect that way, but don't want to have to be using my phone for this.

0 Kudos