Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: All five Roku units will suddenly not connect to internet. Yet others will

Jump to solution

Demanded a new modem from Spectrum.  Plugged it in, reset the router.  Everything works great.  Definitely the spectrum modem.  Tried everything else before that.

Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

That's fascinating.  It doesn't seem like a modem should have anything to do with it.  I wonder if it wasn't so much the modem as your IP address probably changed when you got a new modem.  Maybe just asking Spectrum to give you a new IP address would have accomplished the same thing, although it's probably easier to just get a new modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@zuty1 I did the exact same thing. Went to the Spectrum store today and picked up a new modem and now all 4 of my Roku devices are connected...finally!!!! Thanks for sharing!  

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Our Roku TV suddenly lost ethernet connectivity last night, but note that WE DO NOT HAVE SPECTRUM.  We have a local ISP "LiteWire", which up until last night worked fine with the Roku TV. We can now only connect via iPhone hotspot. Our computer and cell phones are connected to the internet and working without problems. I think it has to be a Roku issue... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ugh...so a trip to spectrum might be in order.  After trying everything suggested here and other threads.  I used my personal hotspot to set my roku stick back up.  I then tried reconnecting to my wifi - connects to my router but internet still isn’t connecting, HOWEVER the option to proceed anyway is available again so I can watch netflix, etc.  At least I have something until I ask spectrum for a new modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Is this issue with Spectrum part of the defeat of the net neutrality wherein ISPs can now slow down connections of sites they don't like? I'm seriously peeved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also having connection problems since the newest update on October 8th. My wired Insignia Roku TV will not connect to the internet when I turn it on. I have to constantly go to settings, system, power, restart to get it to connect to the internet. I do NOT have Spectrum. I have Google Fiber.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ok everyone - I had the same issue. 4 Roku devices that connected to wireless but could not connect to the internet but all other devices can. 

tried everything described in this thread ... restarting everything. Taking one device to factory mode. 

i use spectrum as my ISP. 

Someone said the only thing That worked for them was to take their Internet router out of the equation and install a new one. I did this tonight and it works perfectly. Something is very strange in the world of Roku.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Follow up to my post - went to Spectrum and swapped my modem out today.  Drumroll....roku stick works perfectly now.  
Still no idea why only my roku device had internet connection issues.  Like others have said - seens like roku has to be partially to blame here since all my other devices worked without issue.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Colo same experience for me. Switched out modem for a new one at the Spectrum store. Brought home the new modem, plugged and played and all 4 of my Roku devices now connect! Not sure if it is a Spectrum or Roku issue but the lack of support on the Roku side is frustrating. Unfortunately if it isn't Rokus fault, they are taking the heat for it simply because they're lack of acknowledgement, lack of communication and lack of support.