Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

All five Roku units will suddenly not connect to internet. Yet others will

Jump to solution

Suddenly we can't seem to connect any of our Roku devices or TV's.  Reset routers, modems and contacted Spectrum. All signals are good.  Ipads and other wireless devices connect without issue and show good speeds.  Factory reset one Roku device but it will still not connect.  Netflix app will continue to play if you toggle "proceed anyway"  yet that seems to be the only channel that will work. No Spectrum App or Amazon. They simply say they have no internet connection.  Not sure what to try next.  Don't believe five devices just stopped working. (I also replaced the router just in case it was an issue)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: All five Roku units will suddenly not connect to internet. Yet others will

Jump to solution

So after replacing the modem, routers, countless resets, and even trying a Firestick that didn't work either... I called Spectrum one more time.   The tech says it must be "my equipment" so they activate the wifi on the modem they had provided.  After about a half-hour of him tinkering to get the wifi function turned on the supplied modem/router everything suddenly works!  So after telling me it will cost another 8-10 dollars a month for the wifi function I just agree and hang up.    Afterward, I return to my routers (the original Netgear and the one day old TP-Link Wifi6 router.  They both work now!!!   This is absolutely a Spectrum Issue they won't admit to!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So removed one of the Roku sticks that will not connect and took it to my house. Mile away still Spectrum Internet, same brand router (Tp link) and it connects to my internet. I factory reset it updated everything and brought it back to original location. Still won’t connect. While other devices have no issue. iPads smart speakers and so on.  Looks like it’s time to get Firesticks. The lack of any tech support from Roku is ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did you find an answer? Thursday night at midnight all 4 on my Roku’s did the same thing. They say they have no connection to the internet but proceed works. I also have Spectrum. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I haven't gotten any answers. Extremely frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

We have the same problem.  It started on Friday (10/2/20).  We have 4 Roku tv's and two others that use a Roku stick.  One Roku tv has a Spectrum DVR box that is cable connected to the internet and tv.  The cable connection works fine as do all of the internet channels that we have tried on this tv.  Initially, one of the non-Roku tvs with a stick was working but it no longer works.  I called Spectrum and they said we had a good signal into and out of the modem.  We have an older Netgear router and a newer Google router and we can't connect to either.  The Google shows as full strength on the tv's and the Netgear is about half.  We have no internet connection problems with our computers, tablets or other internet connected devices.  Roku support has no one available until Monday morning.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem with my 2. White flashing light and all right?

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same problem here with 5 Roku's suddenly not connecting to internet. Connection test shows wireless connection is OK, but fails the internet connection test (no check mark). Gives a 0009 error. This started a few days ago and all my Roku's do the same thing. Have spent 2 days trouble shooting this. Here is what I've found so far:

1) Same issue regardless if Roku is wired or wireless. All other device in my house have not issues wired or wireless. 

2) My Roku's will connect fine to internet if I use my cell phone hotspot - NO 0009 error and shows check mark for internet connection. This is key since it shows the issue is probably not with the Roku's. I think this narrows it down to something with my router or the cable company (Spectrum in my case).

3) I've rebooted (cold boot) my router and the cable modem (multiple times) with no change - 0009 error on Roku.

4) I've reloaded the firmware on my router (Asus ac68U) to both the current version and a version several revs back with no change - 0009 error on Roku. 

My guess is that it is something that Spectrum has done to block the check that the Roku makes to determine if it has internet access. I'm off to call Spectrum about it...

CodeBuster

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Same problem here with 5 Roku's suddenly not connecting to internet. Connection test shows wireless connection is OK, but fails the internet connection test (no check mark). Gives a 0009 error. This started a few days ago and all my Roku's do the same thing. Have spent 2 days trouble shooting this. Here is what I've found so far:

1) Same issue regardless if Roku is wired or wireless. All other device in my house have not issues wired or wireless. 

2) My Roku's will connect fine to internet if I use my cell phone hotspot - NO 0009 error and shows check mark for internet connection. This is key since it shows the issue is probably not with the Roku's. I think this narrows it down to something with my router or the cable company (Spectrum in my case).

3) I've rebooted (cold boot) my router and the cable modem (multiple times) with no change - 0009 error on Roku.

4) I've reloaded the firmware on my router (Asus ac68U) to both the current version and a version several revs back with no change - 0009 error on Roku. 

My guess is that it is something that Spectrum has done to block the check that the Roku makes to determine if it has internet access. I'm off to call Spectrum about it...

CodeBuster

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  Internet is good but our roku tv and roku express say they have no internet access.

0 Kudos