Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KingoftheNorth
Channel Surfer

All 5 of our Rokus stopped seeing our Home Network, Not sure how to proceed.

All of a sudden ALL of our Rokus in our house (5 Express+) not only won't connect to our network but won't see it listed.

I haven't messed with router settings yet, but I've restarted everything, unplugged and waited 10 minutes to an hour before plugging back in, ran the find wifi search time and time again. Still not 1 will pop up with our network. 

Everything else works perfectly. Nothing changed. Just they ALL suddenly just stopped. 

I would like to avoid router settings if possible, as I am not experienced in that regards, if that is the issue. Not sure if there was an update that glitched us out or not, but it's been since about midday Thursday that I've been poking at things and trying to get something to work to no avail.

Thank you.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All 5 of our Rokus stopped seeing our Home Network, Not sure how to proceed.

What's the model number of your Roku devices displayed under Settings->System->About?  If there's no "4k" in the model name then your Express only sees 2.4GHz networks.  Some ISPs have been known to disable the 2.4GHz band in their supplied routers.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
KingoftheNorth
Channel Surfer

Re: All 5 of our Rokus stopped seeing our Home Network, Not sure how to proceed.

They're 3910RW Express+.

So we need to contact our supplier to get this fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @KingoftheNorth

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, please be advised that Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KingoftheNorth
Channel Surfer

No error code, they simply won't acknowledge that our signal exists. 

I have no idea how to check any of that.

0 Kudos
kayelmo
Reel Rookie

I have been having this exact same issue. 3 rokus and none of them will find my wifi name. All of my devices are connected to my wifi so I know there is no issues with my internet. This is a Roku issue that needs to be fixed immediately! I even tried updating the Roku but it says I’m not connected. When I go to about it has my wifi name listed as the network but still says I’m not connected. Mine has also been doing this since Thursday! 

0 Kudos
OperatorD80
Streaming Star

@KingoftheNorth  Please follow the advice of RokuKariza-D. Your Express only works on the 2.4 GHz b,g,n WiFi. So you need to reconfigure your modem and or router

0 Kudos
KingoftheNorth
Channel Surfer

Checking router information now.

2.4GHz IS active.

Trying to find where to change wireless channel.

0 Kudos
KingoftheNorth
Channel Surfer

Ok, JUST got it fixed!

Here's what I did:

Got into router settings

Checked Channel COngestion and got that cleared up

Restarted router

Now detecting the WiFi signal!

snemm

I am having the same issue and have model 3930X - Roku Express. I received an updated modem yesterday with faster internet speed. I currently have 3 Roku Express in my home. Is there an upgrade program through Roku or will I have to start from scratch and junk the three I have?

0 Kudos