Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awp69
Level 7

Airplay 2

Any update on Airplay 2 coming to Roku? There were numerous articles about it earlier this month. Anxious for this to be a thing! (also would love to see iTunes come to Roku)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Airplay 2

Hi there! 

Thanks for sharing the interest. We only currently support screen mirroring for Android and Windows devices. You can see more about our screen mirroring feature here: https://blog.roku.com/ for the latest news and announcements for all things Roku. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"awp69" wrote:
Any update on Airplay 2 coming to Roku? There were numerous articles about it earlier this month. Anxious for this to be a thing! (also would love to see iTunes come to Roku)

Tanner said to watch the Roku blog, as that place, not here, will be the first source of official information. And that’s absolutely true.

If you’re just wanting rumors, heck, we can make some up. That’ll be about as reliable as anything.

For example, a Google search for “Roku AirPlay 2” gets one that says “Apple’s AirPlay 2 TV integration crashes Roku stock after investors call company ‘uninvestable’” and another that says “Airplay 2 may come to Roku devices, leaving the Apple TV high and dry

As you can see, not a lot of facts, but tons of opinion, often contradictory.

You can ask for rumors, and that’s exactly what you’ll get. Truth takes time, and will go through channels.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

"awp69" wrote:

I’m curious about it myself. I figure if Facebook isn’t going to release their Facebook watch app on Roku, the best thing that could be done is to enable casting from the Facebook app on iOS. I wouldn’t have to switch devices as often to cover the few events I do that are streamed on Facebook. Would be a major help for me even though I would obviously prefer the standalone app Facebook has for video content to be on Roku, but getting a request into Facebook for it is like trying to get into alcatraz. Hopefully these respective tech giants will figure out a way to coexist where buying multiple devices for different purposes is no longer a necessity.
0 Kudos