Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

After having my device for about a month, it all of a sudden can't detect ANY wireless networks.

I have tried various things to fix the problem, but nothing is working. I disabled & enabled the wireless pings, nothing. I did a factory reset, nothing. I checked the MAC address & it's not all zeros. I just got this & it was working fine, but now it won't show ANY network connections, but there are many available for my other devices. It's not a modem issue. It's a Roku device issue. How can I fix this?? Or do I need to return it for a replacement?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: After having my device for about a month, it all of a sudden can't detect ANY wireless networks.

it would help if we knew which Roku Model you have.

Does your smart phone see wifi networks when its exactly next to where the Roku is?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: After having my device for about a month, it all of a sudden can't detect ANY wireless networks.

It's a Roku Premiere. Yes, my phone gets a WiFi signal. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

UPDATE: Ok, the Roku will sense my hotspot, which is cool, but I can't keep using that since it drains my battery. I don't understand why it can sense the hotspot, but no networks? The modem is about 15 feet away!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Settings/Network/Set up connection make sure wireless is checked.

If it is uncheck it and re-check it.

If its now seeing anything and your phone does.

I would do a factory reset if nothings showing.

Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/ Factory Reset

You can also play with Network connection reset below it but I would just reset it.

Youll have to pair it with your account but the wireless networks should show.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

For the record our resident wifi expert is @atc98092

you can send him a PM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Sand 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please answer the following so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the aboce questions, along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos