Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boop_Anne
Level 7

After Aug 8 update my Roku Ultra will not accept Miracasts from my Android tablet or my Windows 10.

Like I said -- after the Aug 8 Roku update to my Ultra I cannot Miracast to my Android table or my Windows 10 desktop. The Roku device shows up in the Miracast list of recognizable devices but it will not connect.

So that about says it all.

Thanks in advance for solving this.

Anne

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: After Aug 8 update my Roku Ultra will not accept Miracasts from my Android tablet or my Windows

From the date you mention most likely your Ultra updated to 9.3.0 Build 4194 - a build/version which has (at least) a Miracast bug when the Roku device is connected via 2.4Ghz and Android 10 devices attempt connections (not sure what brand/model and Android version your tablet is, and when it last updated etc).

Assuming you've already rebooted your Ultra, try connecting via Wired or 5Ghz (if either is available) and attempt connecting again - if either/both of those work, its most likely the same 2.4Ghz Miracast bug.

Its best to let Roku know as well by reporting the bug and via email:

https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-details

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
boricua3205
Level 7

Re: After Aug 8 update my Roku Ultra will not accept Miracasts from my Android tablet or my Windows

I have the same issue, have already switched from 2.4ghz to 5, WiFi adapter is up to date, reset Roku, etc.  This happens on two computers and three Roku devices.  Unable to connect to either Roku with any PC

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@boricua3205 wrote:

I have the same issue, have already switched from 2.4ghz to 5, WiFi adapter is up to date, reset Roku, etc.  This happens on two computers and three Roku devices.  Unable to connect to either Roku with any PC

To be clear, the Roku needs to be switched from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz - not the mirroring device.  Of course, not all Roku models have 5Ghz (dual-band) support, so this "workaround" won't address the issue with those models (have to wait for Roku to fix it with an update).

Regardless, make sure you report it to Roku:
https://support.roku.com/contactus

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
boricua3205
Level 7

FYI, I removed the device via Devices and Printers control panel and re-added/connected via same.  That seemed to have done the trick.  At least for one device and one computer.  Still have to test on the others.

0 Kudos
boricua3205
Level 7

Once again not working, this is so frustrating!

0 Kudos