Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Adding MAC address to router

I have a Centurylink C2000T router, modem GUI address 192.168.0.1.  But when I try to access the address the message comes back page not found or timed out.  Centurylink refuses to help me access the router to add the MAC address requested  (8C:49:62:75:90:FB) when I try to install a Roku Streaming stick +.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 18

Re: Adding MAC address to router

You shouldnt need to add the MAC address at all. Unless you are blocking others.

If you know the SSID name and password you should be able to log in within ROKU.

Its probably the strongest signal showing on the wifi setup whereupon all you need

is the password which is probably on the bottom of your router.

Settings/Network/Setup connection>> choose wireless

Its not your GUI address its your localhost address. Sometimes they vary a bit.

But you would attach a computer with an Ethernet cable directly to the router.

I dont think you need to do this.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Level 7

Sorry, but I don't follow.  I have the SSID name and password for the router, but how do I log in within Roku? On the website? When I hook up the streaming stick + to the TV I am  menu driven to choose English language, then connecting the remote and then choosing my wireless network.  I can't go anywhere else; not to settings, etc.

0 Kudos
Level 18

Well I misspoke proofreading my own post. That is your router address not exactly localhost......

ANYWAYS

Choosing your wireless network is where you want to go to put in that stuff.

If this doesnt pan out press the top right Home button and you find Settings.........(I think)

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos