Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trentbrown
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

Have had the exact same problem on my Roku XD|S and been unable to use it for a couple weeks now.  Factory reset does not help. Tried connecting directly to my Comcast modem, bypassing my router, but still fails. Very unhappy.

Don't they test their hardware against their servers?

Have been faithful Roku customer for several generations of devices, but am thinking I might just abandon the brand and get myself a Fire TV. 

UPDATE:  A reboot must have pulled down an update. I'm up and running again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mikker
Level 7

If you have problems with your Roku, they seem to want you to upgrade....Fire TV may be the upgrade that solves the activation issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
gigimcduffie
Level 7

I am getting the same issue after resetting my device. I called customer service and she very rudely told me I should never have reset it. Then she tried to remote in to my computer, then said my computer was 'going crazy' and not letting her do anything. It's a new computer and works fine. She also tried to charge me a fee to speak with a Tech in order to get it fixed. Very dissatisfied with ROKU!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

"gigimcduffie" wrote:
I am getting the same issue after resetting my device. I called customer service and she very rudely told me I should never have reset it. Then she tried to remote in to my computer, then said my computer was 'going crazy' and not letting her do anything. It's a new computer and works fine. She also tried to charge me a fee to speak with a Tech in order to get it fixed. Very dissatisfied with ROKU!!!

Roku replied in your other post about this. You apparently contacted a 3rd party support line, not Roku. If they wanted to remote into your computer, that wasn't Roku support. Make sure your anti-virus is updated and working. I would be very careful that you could get some sort of malware from some place like that.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
gigimcduffie
Level 7

I will check on this. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bob2050x
Level 7

IT IS FIXED!  A BIG THANK YOU!  to all of the Roku people who worked on the Activation problem and fixed it!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mikker
Level 7

After 2 weeks and 3 separate times that I was told it was my device and I needed to upgrade, it magically works.  So yeah, I am glad it works, however, an admission of a problem on Roku's side of things would have gone much further...so...thanks, sort of.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Those of you experiencing the activation issue, please PM me your Serial Number (Settings > System > About).  CS is asking for it, in order to track down the issue.

C. Shawn Smith

PS: Cross Posting to other threads about this topic.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rosadorod
Level 7

Same problem,unable to activate Roku 3."The website experienced an unexpected problem".I buy a new one Roku Ultra and same problem. :roll: Waiting for RokuShawnS response.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

For what it's worth, I setup and activated a new Insignia Roku TV last night with no issues. The activation issue seems to be device specific. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos