Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jschlackman
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

Tier 2 support seem to have arrived at the office this morning: the activation link and support pages are now showing this:

10/18/2016 @8:20am PST
There is an issue impacting the Roku Channel Store which we are working to resolve. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Visit support.roku.com for information

Despite the message, there isn't any more information at support.roku.com, but hopefully they will get the server issue sorted quickly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
darkstar
Level 7

I'm having this issue with a Roku Express. Tried factory reset on screen and also via hard reset within the device. Problem still exists. Any thoughts will be appreciated. I suspect a design flaw...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bvcage
Level 7

There is a very similar issue in a thread from 2010. It was ultimately a bug that engineering had to fix. After speaking with customer service last night, they had a prepared message this time that they are aware of the issue and working to resolve it. Much better than the 2+ hours spent unplugging and resetting this weekend, only to be told she didn't know what else to do and to try again later...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Faiello
Level 7

Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Roku is currently experiencing an outage on our backend that affects device linking.  I do not have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved, but we're actively working on it.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

C. Shawn Smith
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jschlackman
Level 7

Seems to be fixed now - I was able to get my Roku activated without any issues after checking back a few hours later.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mikker
Level 7

I have a classic Roku and I am still receiving an activation error.  The advice when chatting with support agents is to upgrade my device.  That might be the thing to do, however, it seems to be an issue on the Roku server side of things.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SkiRX
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hope someone at ROKU reads this. I am having the same activation server problem with my XD 2050X. What a PITA, two wasted hours trying wireless vs Ethernet etc, no progress. Please fix your servers so old boxes can run!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bob2050x
Level 7

I too am having the same trouble with two 2050x Models.  The Roku help is NO help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bob2050x
Level 7

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I even tried connecting my 2050x directly into the cable modem bypassing my router but I still could not get an activation code.  I have 3 other 2050x models that continue to work well and another even older Roku that was my first model purchased that still works.  I like them the way that they are.
0 Kudos