Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kc8pql
Level 8

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

"schmidtj" wrote:
If it was the network I would expect all to fail. Only one did.

Not necessarily. As an example, a hiccup in the network while downloading the firmware for a new box (they don't ship with a full version) can cause the update to fail. In that case you would need to reset the box and start again.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
schmidtj
Level 7

"kc8pql" wrote:
"schmidtj" wrote:

Not necessarily. As an example, a hiccup in the network while downloading the firmware for a new box (they don't ship with a full version) can cause the update to fail. In that case you would need to reset the box and start again.

Poor design if it can't recover from a bad packet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"schmidtj" wrote:
"kc8pql" wrote:
"schmidtj" wrote:

Poor design if it can't recover from a bad packet.

ALL devices (and even computers) suffer from this from time to time. It's not a poor design, but an issue with updating through an internet connection, and there is no way to control that, even in the best of circumstances.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcalloway
Level 7

I have done a hard reset twice and the Roku still says Activation Issue. What should I do?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kenson
Level 7

Getting activation code 001 error message after I tried to add channels and update the settings.  The other Roku I have is working perfectly.  I have tried both wireless and Ethernet.  Each time it shows all 3 green lights then immediately displays Activation Issue.  I have also try resetting the Roku box several times in addition to completely rebooting my modem to no avail.  One odd thing I noticed is my wireless code is still in the Roku box memory after I have reset.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thx
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bvcage
Level 7

@Kenson I am having the exact same issue. After selecting the time zone in the setup, it goes directly to an error message. Spoke with Roku customer service this weekend to no avail. Have you had any luck?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Faiello
Level 7

I tried to activate my new Roku Ultra last night and I am getting the same exact problem. I rebooted my modemom and Roku, did factory rest, but still could not active.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jschlackman
Level 7

Same problem here with my first Roku (Streaming Stick 3600R). Power cycled, reset from the menu, and reset from the button all with the same result: error code 001 immediately after selecting the time zone. I can keep hitting retry and the error comes up again in less than a second - it's like it's not even trying, or the connection is being reset rather than timing out. Maybe 1/20 times I briefly see an activation code flash up before the error comes right away. One time I actually managed to memorize the code before it disappeared, but the website wouldn't accept it.

Not been impressed with Roku support so far. When I called the support number they gave me an automated message saying that if I was getting error code 001 I should try it again - then hung up the line. Tried the text chat and they had no clue either, all they had to say was "We will investigate this issue and we advise you to try again some other time."

Given that the support number has an automated message about this exact issue when you call in for activation issues, it seems to me that Roku know there is a problem and aren't admitting it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
arykdav
Level 7

Getting the same thing described by jschlankman this morning.  Not going to try the support since it isn't helping.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
tikilive
Level 7

Same issues here today, my Roku4 is also failing to:

-a. Update Applications
-b. Remove any application from my box on the Roku Device

Seems to be an issue with the Roku service managing the applications.
0 Kudos