Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schmidtj
Level 7

Activation Issue [Code 001]

Trying to set up my 2nd Roku2.
It downloaded the firmware upgrade but now I get a n error trying to do the initial
Roku Activation.
My WIreless connection is fine (or I couldn't do the firmware upgrade).
It seems to be having an issue contacting the Roku activation server.
My options are to retry or redo the network setup.
The network setup is fine and retry doesn't work.
Any suggestions?
Tnx,
J

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
48 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

Try doing a hard reset on the device (the little paperclip button), but be sure to hold it down for ~30 seconds.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
schmidtj
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

Thanks, before you replied I rebooted it one more time and I was able to activate.
BUT ...
No luck getting registered to my Netflix account until I did a hard reset.
Way too much work.
Smiley Wink
On a plus note ... linking to my Amazon acct was straight forward.
J
0 Kudos
kconary
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

I am having the same issue except the rebooting no matter how long or how many times doesn't work. Are there any other steps to take with this sort of problem??
0 Kudos
schmidtj
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

Rebooting may not be enough. Resetting to defaults via the menu or reset button is probably the best.
It's a pain if you have a lot of channels registered.
0 Kudos
ds6060
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

"kconary" wrote:
I am having the same issue except the rebooting no matter how long or how many times doesn't work. Are there any other steps to take with this sort of problem??


I had the same issue with my Roku2 XS. I finally was able to get it to activate by connecting via an Ethernet cable to my router. After activation was finished, wireless worked fine for everything.
0 Kudos
kconary
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

I tried hooking it up directly through Ethernet and did all the setup and updates from there and it worked! Even after I moved it back to wireless. Roku needs to fix this issue because it's quite ridiculous to have to go through all these problem solving steps. Thanks!
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

"kconary" wrote:
Roku needs to fix this issue because it's quite ridiculous to have to go through all these problem solving steps. Thanks!

Most setups don't have problems. I've setup 7 boxes in five different locations. They all connected immediately. Total setup time about 5 minuets each.
Setup problems are usually caused by some local router/modem/LAN/whatever condition that has to be worked through. A lot of users hang out on this forum to help out with those cases.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
RickRansom
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

+1

I don't have 7 players but when I had issues with connectivity and changed some configurations on my router - everything worked smoothly.
Retired
- Now works at Riot Games
0 Kudos
schmidtj
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

"kc8pql" wrote:
"kconary" wrote:
Roku needs to fix this issue because it's quite ridiculous to have to go through all these problem solving steps. Thanks!

Most setups don't have problems. I've setup 7 boxes in five different locations. They all connected immediately. Total setup time about 5 minuets each.
Setup problems are usually caused by some local router/modem/LAN/whatever condition that has to be worked through. A lot of users hang out on this forum to help out with those cases.
I set up 3 boxes on the same wi-fi network the same day. One had problems two did not. If it was the network I would expect all to fail. Only one did.
J
0 Kudos