Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaggyman
Level 7

Re: Activation Issue [Code 001]

Sill no joy linking device after factory reset.
As soon as a code is entered, it goes to: https://my.roku.com/link/choose   (Add Some Channels To Your Account) which fails to load and goes to:
     "The website experienced an unexpected problem.
     There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. Close and re-open your browser, navigate back to the website, and try repeating your last actions. If the problem      persists, please contact our support team." 
Rinse.  Repeat.  Endlessly.
Going to try adding a new account and see what happens...
Still no joy- does exactly the same thing with a new account.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
knuckle
Level 7

As of late I have been seeing many ISPs blocking access to the activation server ... if possible please try and activate using a hot spot or if you have access to different ISP try that ... I know it is a pain but I have been able to activate a few using this method 
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
rosadorod
Level 7

"shaggyman" wrote:
Sill no joy linking device after factory reset.
As soon as a code is entered, it goes to: https://my.roku.com/link/choose   (Add Some Channels To Your Account) which fails to load and goes to:
     "The website experienced an unexpected problem.
     There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. Close and re-open your browser, navigate back to the website, and try repeating your last actions. If the problem      persists, please contact our support team." 
Rinse.  Repeat.  Endlessly.
Going to try adding a new account and see what happens...
Still no joy- does exactly the same thing with a new account.

Same for mine,I add a new account,no clue.Going to try knuckle[/url:33ag7hbi] post.
0 Kudos
shaggyman
Level 7

Knuckle post?
0 Kudos
rosadorod
Level 7

0 Kudos
shaggyman
Level 7

Still NO link.
Add to list of pages I get when "add some channels" fails to load: 
"Sorry, page not found.  
The requested URL was not found on this server."
0 Kudos
chrisevier
Level 7

I have been trying to setup my roku tv in my barracks room (dorm room for military) since last night. It was having connection issue trying to do the initial update, but finally got it working. Everything was fine and I had watched an episode of survivor on Hulu when it stopped working. I tried reconnecting the wireless internet and it said it was connected, but when "checking the connection" it says it's not connected to the internet even though the signal strength is excellent. Did a factory reset, called roku support, called boingo (my Wi-Fi provider) and everything and it won't connect or anything. It does say poor download speed but I already upgraded to 30 mbps. Please help
0 Kudos
mattbarnaby
Level 7

"ROKU never charges for activation or support." Unless you purchased an EXPRESS+ live support is not available for this device!  Just read the endless posts about your issue. How dare you purchase something and expect it to work unlike EVERY ROKU I have owned since the 1050 which have all easily activated.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"mattbarnaby" wrote:
 "ROKU never charges for activation or support." Unless you purchased an EXPRESS+ live support is not available for this device!  Just read the endless posts about your issue. How dare you purchase something and expect it to work unlike EVERY ROKU I have owned since the 1050 which have all easily activated.

What are you going on about? Roku supports all current models, and still offers firmware support for many older ones as well. Yes, they make it difficult to find their contact information on their web site. They want you to jump through all the self-help steps first, but (eventually) you'll get a page with a support phone number (not toll free) and an email address. From what I've read here, Roku seems to respond to help requests faster on their Facebook page. But don't expect direct Roku support from these user forums. While monitored by a couple of Roku staff that do try to assist, in general one on one support is not available here. 
Roku firmware has a host of issues. Some affect all users, but the majority only seem to impact some. I honestly believe that their engineers are working hard at resolving issues. The most I could say to them would be to be more open about the problems reported and their current status. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos