Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKirk235
Level 7

Access Spectrum Internet 5G

Jump to solution

I have 2 ROKU Premiere devices. The serial numbers are

YH009E133102 and YH00FV573728.

Spectrum is my internet provider. I have a Spectrum Router/Modem. In setting up both my ROKU devices I only have the standard internet connection visible. I do not get the 5G connection I see on my I-Pads, Laptop, and Cell Phones.  How do I enable the 5G connection?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Access Spectrum Internet 5G

Jump to solution

First, it's 5 GHz, not 5G.

Very few Roku devices support 5 GHz. Most only have a single band radio on 2.4 GHz. I can't tell what model Roku you have from the serial numbers. But unless they are the very first Premiere models (model 4620/4630) from four years ago they do not have dual band radios. So you can't connect to a 5 GHz WiFi access point. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Access Spectrum Internet 5G

Jump to solution

First, it's 5 GHz, not 5G.

Very few Roku devices support 5 GHz. Most only have a single band radio on 2.4 GHz. I can't tell what model Roku you have from the serial numbers. But unless they are the very first Premiere models (model 4620/4630) from four years ago they do not have dual band radios. So you can't connect to a 5 GHz WiFi access point. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos