Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codyw2241
Level 8

About a week ago my Roku quit connecting to my wifi randomly

About a week or so ago my Roku Premiere quit connecting to my internet.  Everything else connects to my wifi perfectly fine.  I've tried every "recommended" fix I could find, and I've tested and made sure it would connect to my phones hotspot and it did.  I need a helpful solution, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated!!

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
Mirche
Level 7

Re: About a week ago my Roku quit connecting to my wifi randomly

Hello,

I do not have a solution but wanted to say that I am going through the exact same thing since last week. Hoping to find a solution asap. 

0 Kudos
codyw2241
Level 8

Yes please let me know I'm like intermediate when it comes to "tech stuff" I know the basic stuff and a bit above, but when it comes to advanced stuff it becomes a little fuzzy.  Let me know if you find out whats causing it please.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@codyw2241 @Mirche 

What model # and firmware version do you have?  Settings/System/About

In general:

1) Restart/rebooti all devices:  Roku, modem/gateway/router, etc.

2) In your modem/router/gateway's configuration pages make sure (e.g. https://192.168.0.1):

A) 2.4Ghz is enabled, on Channels 1, 6, or 11, using 20Mhz bandwidth, any "B" mode disabled

B) 5Ghz is using channel 36 or 149 (disable DFS usage if available) , using 20Mhz bandwidth

0 Kudos
codyw2241
Level 8

Model is 3920X, software version is 10.0.0

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@codyw2241 

Yet another 3920 that suddenly lost most/all WiFi functionality, likely coinciding with an OS10 update.

Unfortunately there is unlikely to be anything you can do.

I suggest that if its within the return/refund/exchange or warranty period, that you take advantage of it and contact Roku directly, perhaps send a message to @RokuDanny-R :

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

https://support.roku.com/contactus

Otherwise, get the $30-40 Express 4K+ - check https://my.roku.com/upgrade/  for any upgrade offers.

0 Kudos
codyw2241
Level 8

I know its not on you personally, but i feel as if Roku should be the one replacing it as its not my fault.  I messaged the guy you recommended and I hope he can resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@codyw2241 wrote:

I know its not on you personally, but i feel as if Roku should be the one replacing it as its not my fault.  I messaged the guy you recommended and I hope he can resolve the issue.

As a fellow consumer I can't disagree with you - if I had a 3920 and this happened I would try to get Roku to "make good" despite it probably being out of warranty.

Clearly there is an issue with the 3920 (or certain production runs thereof) on a hardware and or software level (such that an OS/WiFi driver/stack update effectively kills WiFi functionality).

Nor would I fault any 3920 user that concluded/concludes that Roku makes a problematic product that doesnt last (even concluding some form of "planned obsolescence") and decides to use a competing product instead.

In fact, its good to use a multiplatform streaming strategy, for reasons just like this, and you can get competitors' products for $20-50 (assuming you decide against the Express 4K+, or even if you decide for it).

0 Kudos
codyw2241
Level 8

**bleep** the only streaming service I use currently is Discovery+.  What alternate is the best that you recommend?

0 Kudos
codyw2241
Level 8

And thank you for your help by the way!

0 Kudos