Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitv
Reel Rookie

Able to stream but it says no internet connection

The last update caused all sorts of issues. The Hulu app, Disney app and most of them including going under and click check internet connect says no internet connection. However… if I go in the YouTube app I can stream videos. So it’s connected. It all started right after the last update. All other devices in my house and all Rokus that are hardwired are working fine. Just the wireless ones are not. I’m using TP-Link decos for wireless that have been working for many months with these.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Able to stream but it says no internet connection

@Mitv

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model devices are you experiencing this issue with? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mitv
Reel Rookie

I have 4 Rokus. 3 wireless and 1 hard wired. 1 4K+ stick, 1 4K stick, 1 express 4K, and 1 ultra. All of the wireless are having the issue since the last patch and were working fine for several months before that. The wired one is working without issue. Internet is a fiber connection with TP-Link deco for the mesh. 

I have rebooted them, full reset on the internet connection and a full factory reset on them. After each of the above I could setup the internet connection and that worked. However I would immediate hit check and that would fail. I would then go into the YouTube app and could stream videos without an issue. I would then try Hulu and it would say no internet. Again back into YouTube and I could stream. So I know it’s connected and working. It says I have a great connection to the router but it’s “not making it to the internet” yet it is. So the issue is on wireless it has an internet connection it just isn’t recognizing it. It says the connection to the router is fine and gives that a green check. The hardwired on that is connected to the same router is getting out fine.

To add more to it, I went out and got a Fire Stick and that is working for all of the services. Hulu, YouTube, Amazon Prime, AppleTv, Disney are all streaming fine wirelessly with that.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mitv

Thanks for the post.

If you are able to connect through hardwire and are only experiencing an issue related to wireless connectivity, have you tried connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

In addition, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-relevant screenshots that will help us understand the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos