Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: 9.3 Update loses connection

I have 2 Streaming Stick +s (3810x) that just were updated to vers 9.3.0 build 4194-50 yesterday afternoon and all seems to be ok.  In fact I am seeing better streaming on YouTube TV and better connection speeds to Roku when I check.  If you haven't already check for a system update.

One thing I've noticed since being a Roku customer is that there is always connection issues that arise around the time a new software update is being pushed out.  I was having issues which is why I checked and saw there was an update and applied it.  My issue was my wifi connection speed was varying from 0-63 Mbps.  Rebooting cable modem, router, wifi extender did not help but update did.  After the update make sure to do a complete power down/up of your Roku as I find this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I used my phone hotspot to get the update and it did update to 9.3 build 4194-24. So that was a good sign. Then I tried connecting to my home WiFi. Same problem. Restarted and reset the roku. Didn’t work. So the problem continues for me. I am on Roku stick 3600X. 

Highlighted
Level 7

How do you go back an update? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Have you had any success in rolling it back? I have a 4630X Premier+ that has completely lost the ethernet connection but works over WiFi after this update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

I am at 9.3 Build 4194-29 and have no more connection issues. I did successfully roll it back after the initial issue, with no problems. But now 9.4 will be rolling out so i am expecting another issue to popup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

No, I moved to Apple TV. I gave up on roku. 

0 Kudos