Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

9.3 Update loses connection

I have a Roku Premiere+ 2016 model-ish, after the 9.3 update it keeps losing my Wired connection.

It will stay connected so long as something is streaming but as soon as i go Home i lose connection and have to reset the wired connection back-up. All was fine until it updated a few days ago. I will see if i can roll it back to 9.2 but it will probably update automatically at some point. Just want to make users aware if they are having the same issues of having to reset up their connection

Tags (1)
31 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: 9.3 Update loses connection

So, i revert back to 9.2 and voila my connection is back, so it's a bug in the update.

Highlighted
Level 9

How do you revert back to 9.2.0?  Having wifi issues with 9.3.0.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Hit the Home Button x5...FF Button x3...RW Button x2, scroll down to Update Software, if it's possible to revert back it will say something like update from 9.3 to 9.2, if you do not see 9.2 might not be able to revert back.

Highlighted
Level 9

Thanks for the info and I was able to go back to vers 9.2.0 on my Streaming Stick+ that was having wifi issues and now it is working properly once again!  I reported this to Roku Support as it is obvious 9.3.0 has bugs.  I say this as an ex-IT guy with 30+ yrs experience with hardware/firmware and networking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Glad it worked out, usually after a Major update the windows to revert back is about 2 weeks. I do general computer repairs and some networking(mostly as a hobby). But i like technology and try to learn the in's and out's of devices i use so i can help others fix issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Great info and thanks again as I am still working fine as of today.  I shared your info in another discussion as it seems a lot of people are now reporting wifi connection issues.  I knew of the other secret menu to get to the wifi analysis, etc, but not this one which is very handy as it seems new OS releases, based on my experience, always come with "undocumented features". 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mazz @BoltsFan 

Thanks for the information. 

We would like to look into this issue further for you.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

y update is also doing this, I could not figure out how to revert though and I am on a TCL Roku TV I thought factory reset would have helped but it did not. I'm on Version 9.2.0 build 4502-48

Renders the TV fairly useless, any insight would be super helpful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

RokuDannyR - Thanks but I already have a case open with Roku support.  The big question I have is what is being done to correct the issues with the 9.3.0 update?  I only say this because the Streaming Stick+ that was updated to 9.3.0 had issues immediately after the update which went away immediately after I forced it to revert back to 9.2.0.  This, along with Mazz's Roku losing a wired connection after updating to 9.3.0 and again, all is OK after going back to 9.2.0.

Roku needs to stop rolling out 9.3.0 until they can fix the bugs that have been introduced.  What good is a Roku that cannot connect to the internet?