Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngs428
Level 7

7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

Ever since the last 2 7.7 updates I keep getting this message on my Premier plus "Not Connected to the Internet" when I go into a channel after I first turn on the Roku. I can go to setup connection and the wired connection I am using says active. I can hit proceed anyway and it will work because I do have a connection.

Annoying bug. Please help. I am on 7.7 build 4116-29.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

There could certainly be an issue, but if by "turn on", you mean that you've just powered up your Roku, it does take a moment after the OS loads for the network to connect. Both my Roku TV and Stick (both wireless) take from 5-10 seconds to connect after the TV is turned on. Since I don't power off any of my other boxes (all wired), they are always on line when I "wake" them.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ngs428
Level 7

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

"atc98092" wrote:
There could certainly be an issue, but if by "turn on", you mean that you've just powered up your Roku, it does take a moment after the OS loads for the network to connect. Both my Roku TV and Stick (both wireless) take from 5-10 seconds to connect after the TV is turned on. Since I don't power off any of my other boxes (all wired), they are always on line when I "wake" them.


Correct "turn on" means I have not used it for a few hours and it was last left on the home screen. I know it is basically always on.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

OK, so really just waking up, not turning on. Gotcha. In that case, the network should remain connected. Are you using wireless or Ethernet? With a wired connection, it's possible your switch/router has an internal setting to power down ports for energy efficiency when no activity is detected. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ngs428
Level 7

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

"atc98092" wrote:
OK, so really just waking up, not turning on. Gotcha. In that case, the network should remain connected. Are you using wireless or Ethernet? With a wired connection, it's possible your switch/router has an internal setting to power down ports for energy efficiency when no activity is detected. 


Wired. The same wired connection I have been using on the Premier plus since I got it last fall. Just started happening in the last couple weeks.

Not too concerned, just wanted to see if others had the same issue. I saw that another person reported it in the 7.7 issues thread.
0 Kudos
timmera
Level 7

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

I've been having the same issue for a few weeks.  The error message says "not connected to the internet" and I select "proceed anyway".  Everything works fine.  It's just annoying.
0 Kudos
ngs428
Level 7

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

"timmera" wrote:
I've been having the same issue for a few weeks.  The error message says "not connected to the internet" and I select "proceed anyway".  Everything works fine.  It's just annoying.


Yes it is! Just got it again a few minutes ago. I can hit proceed anyway and it works fine too.

Roku, are you able to look into this?
0 Kudos
flamebird
Level 7

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

Yup.  Doesn't matter if you're using it or not; the message can pop up anytime.  Once or twice, it was just "well, that's odd", but it's starting to do it four or more times a day.
Starting to get old really fast.  Adding in the recent Plex problems and I'm about to bail on Roku.
0 Kudos
flamebird
Level 7

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

_. . . and, the crickets are so loud; you can almost see them. I'm on 4135 and it's still happening multiple times a day. I guess I shouldn't complain as my Premiere+ doesn't seem nearly as broken as the roku 3's have been.
0 Kudos
RkForum
Level 7

Re: 7.7 Error Message "Not Connected to the Internet"

Same here, but in my case it is when I try to load Netflix and It's not happenig too often

Model: 4210X version 7.7.0.4135
Connection: Ethernet
0 Kudos