Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gooddealz
Level 7

3700x boxes wont connect to 5g on any channel.

Got 2 roku 3 boxes.both will only connect to 2g.I tried every channel in my router.36 to 157.also have a repeater wired to other room both different brands.linkseys. ea6100 and netgear 3700 as the exstender.Nat 2 on main no guest dmz priority on roku and exstended router with all filters off.both routers right next to box.excellent Sig on 2g but nothing on 5g.ssid is different on all 4 signals.everybody I read has success with changing channels not me.I also have choice of 20 or 40kHz.not sure what it prefers.turned off anything else I can think of.I have a strong 50mbps up and down.my other devises work fine with 5g.I try and limit what gets 2 and what gets 5 as to keep it clean.I'm a gamer so I dialed my network strong.can anybody think of anything else?to close to box?no lan ports on these or I would PnP.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: 3700x boxes wont connect to 5g on any channel.

I don't think the 3700 series was dual band...

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku#Feature_comparison
0 Kudos
Gooddealz
Level 7

Thank u twiceover.indeed it is not duel band.I thought all roku 3 are.other is a 3900 still no.they make to many mines called the express I bet if I bought it not from Walmart it would be the same one but duel.what a confusing pile of garbage.I was told to make sure I was getting newest one not roku 2 on shelf make sure the medal number started with 3.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

Another thing to note is that there is a "Roku 3" so you should be sure not to refer to yours as a 3. It is actually a Roku Express model 3700.
0 Kudos
Gooddealz
Level 7

Omg stop teaching me lol.I thought all rokus had the easy rule if model starts with 2 it's a 2 if 3 it's a roku 3 ex. Was wondering why I saw 4700 as roku 3.they need to cut it down cause my 3700x sucks on menu speed and 3900 is fast and uses the arm processor.both bought same time shelf and slot
I got ripped.both boxes look same even packaging.so I can't say I have a roku 3 express? I wish roku would be so kind and let me swap that 3700x.heck both tv's run 24/7 I would be a perfect tester.wink wink if ur reading.again ty
0 Kudos