Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

3 out of 4 of my Roku players suddenly not seeing my wifi

I have read thru several post and scroured the internet for days and can't find an answer to my issues. Please forgive me if this is a duplicate question.
I have 4 Roku's (1) is a Roku TV that is about a year old, (1) is about 2.5/3 years old and the other (2) I bought on black Friday last year. All 4 have worked fine since getting them. Nothing has changed at my house...their location, the Tv's they are.connected to, my internet provider, router all the same.

About 2 weeks ago all of the roku's with the execption of the Roku TV have stopped recognizing my wifi. I have scanned and tried entering in the SSID manually as a private network.... I have reset them and my router several times. But my wifi just won't there. All other devices in my home see my wifi just fine.

I have read some stuff about roku's not working with 5g and my router is a dual band router 2.4 and 5g I don't really know what that even means and didn't know anything about my router until reasearching this issue like I said they have worked for years until about two weeks ago.
I have tried to check all the settings on my router to make sure it didn't simplify the signal and only broadcast the 5g instead of both and I made sure to name both signals separately but nothing I do makes the roku see my network.

Clearly they aren't returnable year's later but they have worked on the router all of this time. Sorry I don't have more technical information but i plugged them in and they worked and now they don't.

I have a house full of kids that can't watch TV and they are driving me crazy please help!

Thanks

Please help
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: 3 out of 4 of my Roku players suddenly not seeing my wifi

An issue that came up regarding Wifi issues recently, if you have an Nintendo switch with a new Pokemon Game. If you have one you have to put the Nintendo in Airplane mode. Not sure if this is what is causing your issue, but it's the most recent problem causing Wifi problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for response. I do own a switch but not the Pokemon game and my son rarely plays with it...he would much rather steal my phone and watch you tube 🤦‍♀️ so i doubt its even been charged on months lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

You can try restarting the Router, wait until all the lights are lighting up then restart the Roku's and try connecting to a different band, 2.4ghz or 5ghz. Not sure which band you are using, just choose a different one from what the device is using.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Sproffitt Based on the description of your issue, this sounds like an issue with the 2.4GHz wireless network being broadcast by your router. All Roku TVs are compatible with dual band wireless networks (5GHZ & 2.4GHz) If your other Roku devices are Roku Express models, they are only compatible with 2.4GHz wireless b/g/n networks. If rebooting both the router/modem, and your Roku devices isn't helping, I would recommend contacting your ISP, explaining the issue, and asking if they can help you 1) try to change the wireless broadcast channel on your router to see if this helps, as well as 2) review your wireless router's configuration/settings to make sure nothing somehow changed that would impact proper functionality. 

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for your response Tanner I will try contacting comcast and see if they have any insight! So far nothing I have tried has worked.
0 Kudos